This Policy describes the information we collect from you and how we use that information. It applies to any of the Services that TradeHost.com or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates provide.
Protecting your information—and being transparent about the ways we use it—is one of the core commitments we make to you. You entrust us with your information, and we take our responsibility to protect that trust to heart.
What We Collect
In order for you to create an account on TradeHost.com and use our Services, we need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on TradeHost.com — your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, country of residence, login, and password details. We will ask for this information if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit any material through TradeHost.com, or request any information;
- Details of any requests or transactions you make through the Services. All payment information you submit is collected and used by our payment processors in accordance with their privacy policies. TradeHost.com doesn’t store your payment information apart from the last four digits of your account, expiration date, which we require for tax, government regulatory, and security purposes;
- Information about your activity on and interaction with TradeHost.com (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the site);
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem); and
- Information that you submit to TradeHost.com in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features for You and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
How we Use this Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure;
- To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve, promote, and protect our Services;
- To set up and administer your account, contact you, and customize your experience on TradeHost.com (for example, to show you products that we think may interest you based on your previous use); and
- To track use of the Services so that we can improve TradeHost.com.
How this Information is Shared
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries TradeHost Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of TradeHost.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your newsletter preference.
- Protection of TradeHost.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of TradeHost.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out of any marketing communications we send.
We will send you email relating to your transactions on TradeHost.com. You will also receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time.
We’ll also send you service-related announcements when it’s necessary to do so.
Access to Your Information
To modify or delete the personal information you’ve provided to us, please log in and update your profile. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.
TradeHost.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use TradeHost.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.